Prior to electing a new governing authority member, the school must submit the following for the prospective member:
- Clean BCI/FBI criminal background check, and
- ESCLEW Prospective Governing Authority Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (PDF) (RTF)
The school should submit either:
- Via email to Kurt Aey (firstname.lastname@example.org), or
- Via Epicenter – Go to Document Center, click on “Upload Submission,” select “Board” as the entity, then the submission types of “Background Check” and “Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form.”
ESCLEW will verify that:
- No criminal violations exist that would preclude the member from serving on the governing authority
- No conflicts exist that would preclude the member from serving on the governing authority
- If allowable conflict(s) of interest exist, that the prospective governing authority member is aware of obligations to abstain from voting.
Upon review, ESCLEW will confirm approval or disapproval via email within one week of submission.
Within 90 days after election to the governing authority, evidence of completion of five hours of board training will be due into Epicenter, as required by the contract.